Sunday, February 26, 2012

The call

There is a sickness, there is a need, there is a yearning inside that has to feed.
I need it like a drug an addiction I've never even tasted.
Lost in the shuffle of being a nobody, my times wasted.
This need that must feed, this hurt that must burst
Haunts me day and night as it starves me of my thirst.
A junkie at best with nothing to show
This nothingness has brought me so low.
Who am I but a nobody that deserves nothing?
But a somebody came along and said hi to me, he said why to me.
We talked hours long and he sang me a song.
He took off his crown and placed it on my head.
Your worth it to me he said.
He fell at his words and in that moment he was dead.
I cried for I still felting like " who am I"
I cannot disgrace this crown on my head, but this world laughs at me.
How am I, little old me supposed to shine with glory?
How can I do this will I ever succeed?
I feel it burn inside me, he made me much more.
Get up I say, get off this floor.
Don't you hear the knocking? Open up your door.
Unworthy, ashamed a no named
Yet I wear this crown on my head and that one somebody is now dead.
So lost, confused, so broken and abused.
Who am I but a nothing, a fool to think this world would care for me.
To them I am still a nobody.
I thought they would see it, I thought this crown would make me shine.
Like an Heir to her fortune drinking fancy wine.
My crown of worth gave me dirt and told me to be clean.
My dirt, my hurt, my sufferance. My pain, my shame my ugliness.
It all changed when I saw the truth, I didn't deserve the crown I wore.
I realized I never would, but I could.
I will change I will shine I will become the water turned to wine.
The people will cheer for me, even if they don't know why.
In that very moment I will cry.
For I will know its not me at all, it is the one who gave me his crown and the decision to accept his call.

No comments:

Post a Comment