Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another poem

Tomorrow came already today
The tears showed me the way.
The pain in my heart showed itself at the start.
The abandonment and fear came so near.
I see it when it comes, I know it's just an emotion.
I fall to my knees in devotion.
I've got it's number now as it taunts me.
I know the reason it haunts me.
It may take my breath away, but it doesn't stay.
I scream and fight as I push it away.
This year I look it dead in the face, instead of running without a trace.
I call it by its name, I tell the whole world about its game... I have no shame.
I lay it down with a heavy track, there ain't no going back.
Bolted down rods of steel, a lifetime of pain revealed.
For you for me, for all to see the light that shone down on my misery.
Healing is real, grace is enough even for a life that has been too rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment