Friday, February 10, 2012

Poem...

I held on to you, I screamed for you, I cried for you.
But you were not you all along.
You lied to me, you shied to me, you never told me who you were.
I never knew you all along.
I dreamed for you, I pleaded to you, I begged you to be who you weren't.
I hated you.
I learned from you, I grew from you, I gained my strength from what you have done.
I can't thank you for that but then again I can.
I can forgive you and release you, I can pray for you.
I can't forget, I can't erase the pain, but I can grow.
I can't love you, I can't want you or need you, but again I say I can pray.
I can forgive, I can live.
I can smile today because I am free.
Free of the hate, the darkness, the self loathing.
I am free of the world you and I once lived in.
You don't grip me, you only trip me.
You don't bind me, you only remind me.
You only live for me, but he died for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment